Wednesday, June 17, 2009

From Washington With 56k…

That was a long drive. A long drive. But I’m at an extremely well priced hotel in downtown Washington (cheaper than buying metro tickets + out of city hotel), the Windsor Park Hotel.

washington-monument-address

Nothing could have prepared me for seeing the pentagon in person. Just from the car, it possesses a scale and presence that is completely belied by video on television. That, and spotting the top of the Washington monument as I drove up a rise on 395N.

To tired to do much but sleep right now. That trolley ticket gets used tomorrow, then I hit the streets on Friday… I hope drinks are cheap here, but I doubt it. Some very nice eye-candy throughout the city… both architecturally, and pedestrian wise… can’t wait for some face-to-face contact in the morning. 

1 comment:

  1. When visiting relatives we made a loop through the area and stopped in DC for a couple days. Got to see the Smithsonian, Pentagon, Arlington (my aunt is buried there), White House, and a huge mall. Would have liked to see more monuments but I guess that gives us an excuse to go back again.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a comment, or do you want to dissent in silence?