Saturday, June 4, 2011

Live and Let Die

I'm living a positive life to the best of my ability. That is to say, this is not a perfect world. You can smile and be polite to strangers around you, but selling your house to feed them won't yeild positive returns from them. What (I believe) many progressives subscribe to, is of a similar concept. I can respect, on a basic level, another individuals opinion. What I don't respect (and this is true on both sides of the aisle), is hypocrisy. Something governments have always been full of.

 

By the time progressive or conservative ideas from the grassroots reach the policy level, they have become the tools of the politicians to carve out more power. For republicans, the first target they use to shelter spending kickbacks (a natural part of governments), would be war. This isn't always to a nations detriment, just read the annals of the Peloponnesian wars, where the weakness of the Athenian government impeded its ability to fight off external threats. A more modern example would be the states under the Articles of Confederation.

Remember, that the last time I voted, I voted republican. But at heart, I am a libertarian-nationalist.  The danger of recent wars (and the same can be said for social welfare), is that they have been built on fear that has been derailed from reality. Particularly this B.S. where we are involved in Libya. At least we justified our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan based on fears of terrorist harboring AND human rights abuse, in Libya we have just the claim to abuse. Somehow the American people are so detached they don't care.

The same is true of the financial markets. Normalcy bias reigns supreme while we live out what could potentially be the worst financial meltdown since the U.S.S.R.

But remember, a financial crisis ISN"T TEOWAKI... humanity has actually made phenomenal strides in all of the hard sciences, and softer ones such as psychology. Knowledge is something that manages to persevere and survive even in financial droughts. Life goes on.



But, I won't go any further. Right now, in my life, I have to many internal problems to fix to direct everything to others. As I said, I'm living a positive life to the best of my abilities. In these darkening times, I encourage you to fire up your own light, be pleasant with your neighbors.

I'll revisit this post in a while. In the meantime, I'm still investing in silver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment, or do you want to dissent in silence?