Thursday, July 28, 2011

Born to Run....*

*I explain the hip-hop references, but do you really need an explanation for Bruce? Song at the end of the post.

So, realistically I might be having to move shortly. My current roommate will be leaving for better lodgings, but due to school and other concerns, I am unable to follow. Honestly I've not really spent as much time searching for a roommate. This is something that I will address in this week. After all, if I am going to have to move, I need to plan for it. This looming problem coupled with my trysts with a brunette skirt, and a 40 hour work week, have kept me away.

For those who needed Born to Run explained: this is a brunette skirt.

To get back on track: An order of silver I placed back when spot was 38 has arrived. Of course, this precipitates silvers first dip below 40 in three days... But as I've said over, and over, and over... you don't play physical short term, just paper. I've successfully run my cash reserves down in the last few days, I'll be pulling as much out of the bank prior to the second as possible. Unlike many, I don't expect some TEOTWAWKI scenario where I'll be able to swap a silver eagle for a gallon of gas with ease. But like many, I'm a firm believer that "if you can't hold it, you don't own it" with money.

My health has been great... I've entered the second phase of what has become a four week creatine cycle extension. Basically I'm going to try and ramp up these last four weeks (Because I don't know if I'll be around this city at the end) finish this creatine cycle-cut, and move into a bulk (bulking is cheap compared to cutting strangely. Mostly because it doesn't require such a set home routine, something that would be hugely f.cked for an indefinite period of time if I am forced to move to someplace cheaper.

<- This is a blatant plug, but I am in need of money, and this is an excellent foundation to start with before getting into Ab Ripper X. A portion of all sales through this link go to me, and in turn, supporting the blog.

Nothing will replace low-bodyfat in terms of rapid Ab visibility, but the more muscle your core has, the higher your body fat can be with visible abs. All of the Ab Ripper programs I've tested are extremely good about increasing over-all-core strength (great for martial arts/sports), but also are a great way to improve core aesthetics.

Check it out, & now back to our regular programing:



Phase two is really just a preparatory stage for the bulk - Ala - getting the body ready. For those who have commented in the past and asked for a routine, here is the current one. 3x days a week, each workout day is basically the same. I perform Ab Ripper X about a half hour before going to the gym. Phase 2 at the gym is

#1: Incline DB press: 4 sets, 8-12 reps each, advance in weight at 12/8/8/8. So a circuit might look like: Set 1: 40lb DB's x12. Set 2 45lb DB's x10. Set 3 50lb DB's x8. Set 4 50lb DB's x6

#2: DB Squats: 4 Sets, 5-8 Reps each, advancing on 8/8/8/8

#3 Pullups: 3 Sets, each to failure.  

#4 Incline DB flies w/twist: 4 sets, 8-12 reps each, advancing on 12/10/10/10
Honestly, this is more of a gimmick. After these critical 4, I'll do some other work, often rows, DL, OH presses and the like. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment, or do you want to dissent in silence?