Saturday, December 26, 2009

Crockpot Cooking…

Or trying to. I purchased a small crockpot, hoping to capitalize on some nice recipes. However, I bought the crockpot  prior to purchasing stuff to actually make those recipes with. This resulted in some nifty bachelor logic that justified the concoction currently brewing in my kitchen.

1 can cream of chicken. 1 can whole potatoes. 1 can navy beans.

My belief was: None of those require intense heat (E.g. I won’t give myself food poisoning), and they all seem like they would go well together.

They’ve been in the pot for about two-hours, and I figure I’ll let them sit there on high for at least another two. In the interim, internet research has led to the following conclusions:

1. The potatoes will have been waaaaay overdone and will probably resemble mush.

2. The same with the beans.

3. Cream of chicken =/= Chicken broth.

----------------------------------

I’m just hoping that should the worst case scenario occur, that my sink can handle all that yellowy sludge simmering beneath the plastic lid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment, or do you want to dissent in silence?